Monday, January 25, 2010

- Just Listen

Just Listen .

that's what my teacher told me today when I was purposely pissing her off today with her non-literal questions.

Just Listen .

not alot of words but definitely alot of meaning.
Just Listen, listen to what someone says when they're just randomly talking about nothingness. Talking about some party that was apperantly "Off the hook" on Friday.
Listening can get you alot of places without you even trying to go anywhere. Listening can teach you alot about someone when the person is trying to hide it from you. Listen to the secrets oh-so descriptive words that teaches you the characteristics and the ways of that person.
thats only one of many things wrong with society and what they lead us to believe.
Music, for example .
Music is something that people take for granted.
If you ask someone what type of music they like, its most likely that they are only going to name two or three or even four if your lucky. But, hardly anyone well say that I love all types of music. Because they have only sampled a few and they have just grown to like that type of music. Today, my friend picked up my iPod and asked what type of music I listen to. I say, I listen to music that speaks something to me. She looked at me like I had pizza in my hair. She said "So, you like all types of music, as long as it speaks to you?" I was like, "Yeah, because isn't that what music is supposed to do?, speak the things that you may not normally say just randomly or on a regular?". She handed me back my iPod and walked away. I think she was scared of the fact that I was a fourteen year old African American that listened to "We the Kings" or "Mayday Parade" and not very much "Woncka Floncka" or "Gucci Mane". I'm not saying that I completely hate Gucci Mane or any rape star, but when I listen to most of their songs I hear the words clearly and I realize what they are saying already. When I listen to Mayday Parade, they dont say things that are very clear. They use the art of poetry to sing what they are feeling. In a brick, I like complicated and when things are not complicated. I get scared. But, dont label me and say that I hate rap, I actually like some rap just music that speaks to me more. :) Remember, Be Blunt.

- - Stars, and Black Hearts

No comments:

Post a Comment

Be nice to meeeeee :\ please .